When completing the initial Health questionnaire, we ask general questions about your lifestyle, family history, medical history, and current medications. This information is used to develop a personalized supplement program recommendation for you. There is no cost to you and you may use this recommendation as you choose. While our goal is to provide you with our customized products, you have no obligation to purchase products from us. We provide the Health Questionnaire free of charge. The information is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information from any getvitaminlab.com for diagnosing or treating any health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment.
You acknowledge that VitaminLab may collect and process “personal information” (i.e.information that could be used to contact you, such as full name, real estate/rental information and e-mail address) in connection with the Service. Such information collected by VitaminLab may be stored and processed in the United States, Canada or any other country in which VitaminLab or its agents maintain facilities. By using the Service, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. VitaminLab makes no representation or warranty with respect to any duty to permanently store any personal information you may provide.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Services includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Site, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Social media data, such as the information provided in your bio.
- Health-related data, such as the information you provide to us when you fill out a survey, questionnaire, or other type of form through the website, including information about your health and wellness, health goals, diet, lifestyle, location information, demographic information, your views about health and wellness.
- Communications data, based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Site, social media, or otherwise.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders on or through the Site, including order numbers and transaction history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Payment data needed to complete transactions, including payment card information or bank account number.
- Promotion data, including information you share when you enter a competition, promotion, or complete a survey. Please note that if you participate in a contest, or giveaway through the Service, we may ask you for your contact data to notify you if you win, to verify your identity, and/or to send you prizes. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Site, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data on getvitaminlab.com, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to getvitaminlab.com, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by the following technologies.
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Session-replay technologies, such as those provided by HotJar, that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Services in a manner that allows us to watch and analyze visual reconstructions of those user sessions. The replays may include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls, and keystrokes/key touches during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about HotJar at https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/ and you can opt-out of session recording by HotJar at https://www.hotjar.com/policies/do-not-track/.
For more information, see our Cookie Notice. We will store a record of your preferences with respect to the use of those technologies in connection with the Site.
How We Use Your Information
Direct marketing, which may include using your personal information to:
- send you direct marketing communications (you may opt-out of our marketing communications)
- personalize our marketing communications according to your needs and interests
- monitor your interaction with our communications (such as whether you opened them)
- Categories of personal information involved
- Contact data
- Profile data
- Communications data
- Transactional data
- Marketing data
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Interest-based advertising, which may include using your personal information to:
- share aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized data with third parties, including to promote our business through interest-based advertising on third party channels
- share information about our users with our third-party advertising partners to facilitate interest-based advertising to those or similar users on other online platforms
- allow our third-party advertising partners to collect information about your interaction with the Site, our communications, and other online services over time and use that information to serve online ads that they think will interest you
- Categories of personal information involved
- Contact data
- Device data
- Online activity data
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services, data co-ops, and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Private sources, such as data providers, social media platforms, and data licensors.
- Marketing partners, such as companies that have entered into joint marketing relationships with us.
Credit Card Security
The Internet is a vast network of computers. Because the data passes from computer to computer, some Internet shoppers worry that unauthorized persons may intercept the data and gain access to credit card numbers, but shopping on a secure site is actually safer than handing a credit card to a waiter in a restaurant. Taking the steps below will lower the chances of interception of your credit card number:
- Limit your online shopping to Internet merchants, such as getvitaminlab.com, with sites equipped with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL prevents unauthorized people from intercepting your data.
- Use a browser, such as Chrome Browser or Internet Explorer that supports SSL. These browsers show a symbol in the status bar, such as a key or lock, when you are on a site that uses SSL. Most banks will cover the cost of fraud resulting from unauthorized use of your credit card or may limit your liability.
getvitaminlab.com wants you to be aware that when you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third-party Web sites, you will be subject to such third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, getvitaminlab.com expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including without limitation actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties. Our Privacy and Child Protection Policy is subject to change. In the event of any change, we will provide notice of such change on this page and in direct email to you.
Questions or Concerns
The Food and Drug Administration
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.